This is an exciting, rare opportunity to join a prestigious unique company based in Newent, Gloucestershire. My client is looking to recruit a permanent diverse Office Manager to run the office, take responsibility in delivery of all company accounts including payroll and tax returns using Sage 50 Cloud Accounts & Sage Payroll.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintenance of all bank accounts to include dealings with the bank and inputting of payments and receipts.
- Ensure all payments & receipts are posted to the correct designated area and are accountable for.
- Overseeing all aspects of the accounts department
- Create month end financial reports within set deadlines, including bank reconciliations and sales ledger reconciliations.
- Ensure quarterly stock take is recorded correctly and apply necessary journals
- Investigate and resolve customer queries, by telephone and email
- Preparation of client records to Trial Balance stage
- Producing Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet
- Sales, Purchase Ledger, Book keeping and preparation of VAT returns
- Reconciliations of statements, payments and remittance advices, bank and credit card statements
- Checking statements against suppliers for missing invoices/credit notes
- Monitoring receipt of goods against issued purchased orders
- Processing of all invoices & weekly payment runs
- Check and reconcile supplier statements for overdue invoices
- Posting monthly journals
- Final Accounts to Audit stage
- Maintenance of asset register
- Ensuring month end is completed in a timely fashion
- Credit control - allocating incoming payments, posting of daily receipts, taking payments from clients over the phone & ending client statements monthly
- Ensure all timesheets are received, checked and processed in & all employees are paid accurately & on time.
- Process the preparation & payment of statutory returns e.g. P45’s, P46’s, P11d’s, CSA payments & tax & National Insurance payments to HM Revenue & Customs.
- Process new starters, colleague bonus payments, changes to working hours, salaries or job titles.
- Compile Quarterly Board Reports & Agenda
- Keep records of Shareholders & provide quarterly correspondence
- Preparation of Documents for AGM and Shareholders
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Accounts / Sales Ledger experience working knowledge of SAGE
- Excellent communication skills both face to face and over the telephone
- Well organised, capable of prioritising, able to work to agreed deadlines.
- Competent in Microsoft Excel and a good general knowledge of IT applications.
- Must have previous experience in similar role
Hours - Monday – Friday - 9am – 5pm
Salary – Approx. £32-35k very negotiation for the right candidate, if you have the relevant experience, please send your CV ASAP outlining your salary expectations.