Our client based in Stroud is a charity with a workforce who are very passionate about what they do and the impact they are having. People are the most important asset, and the HR manager will support and advise the departmental leads to ensure they have a happy and productive workforce where everyone works to realise the mission and objectives.
The HR manager will perform a wide variety of professional human resource services, which will include policy review and development, production of job descriptions, recruitment/selection, performance reviews, employee relations and health and safety.
This role will require travel to the office during the initial onboarding process, but there is hybrid working opportunity further down the line for the right candidate to allow 1-2 days per week working from home.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Proactive advice and support to line managers and distribute information on all areas of employee relations.
- Development and implementation of rewards packages to attract and retain talent.
- Develop and facilitate custom recruitment and induction programmes to meet core business objectives.
- Ensure legal compliance is met in all HR activities, keeping up to date on UK employment legislation.
- Work with the Head of HR to respond and resolve complaints ensuring satisfactory outcomes within set timescales.
- Gather and evaluate market data to measure the organisations competitiveness for salary reviews and benefits packages.
- Work with the Head of HR to manage investigations and oversee complex employee relations issues such as redundancy, grievance, and disciplinary cases, and manage difficult cases with fairness and professionalism.
- Track and manage key HR metrics such as appraisals, retention and absence rates and manage all employee records utilising data to compose regular reports to the Head of HR.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of starter and leaver procedures and support the department to monitor mandatory training requirements.
- Support the Head of HR to create and deliver a comprehensive people plan, wellbeing strategy and recruitment strategy that reflect best practice, the values of the organisation and gets the best out of the organisations people.
- Assists in the development, implementation and application of new and existing HR policies, procedures and guidelines that meet the needs of the organisation and promote the culture.
- Champion a performance culture and continuously review employee development making recommendations for improvements.
- Support the ongoing development of engagement surveys, responding to staff feedback through action planning and staff focus groups.
- Line management of a small team, conducting regular line management meetings and annual appraisals, development plans and authorising annual leave requests.
- Previous experience in a HR advisory or similar role.
- Previous experience of managing back-office operations.
- Understanding of equality and diversity principals.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the application of employment law in the workplace.
- Experience of policy formulation.
- Previous experience of recruitment processes and principles and best practice guidelines.
- Experience of the coordination of volunteer’s desirable.
- High level of IT literacy including all Microsoft packages.
- Experience of developing and implementing wellbeing strategies and people plans.
- Car driver with full access to a vehicle and willingness to travel – Essential.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance check.
Salary - £30-35k + 25 days holiday
Hours – Monday – Friday – 9am – 5pm